This is not a must-do list. This is a list of how the perfect client prepares for their move. Movers usually get paid by the hour. The more work the better. However, if you want to maximize job and minimize price, follow as much of this list as possible.
- Empty items from crawl space of basement to a more convenient loading point.
- All vertical file cabinets can be moved with only the bottom 2 drawers full. The remaining drawers must be emptied. Lateral and fire-proof filing cabinets must be completely emptied and contents packed.
- If you have a safe, piano or fire-proof file cabinet you must tell our office before your moving date.
- Movers do not take liquids, fuel, flammables, paint, propane tanks or matches. No lawnmowers, or snow blowers unless gas tanks are emptied.
- When the weather is cold or damp allow all audio/video equipment to warm to room temperature before plugging in.
- When the movers deliver your furniture you or your agent should stand near front door and instruct the movers where to exactly place each piece of furniture. When we drive away all furniture is in its proper spot. You need only to unpack your boxes.
- Please note that an 8:00 a.m. start time means we leave our warehouse at 8:00 a.m. We do not arrive at 8:00 a.m. All start times except for the first job of a day are approximate.
Your bill is determined when the hourly rate is multiplied times the actual number of hours the men are on the job. Charges start when the van leaves our warehouse and run until the van returns to the warehouse at the end of your job. This formula recognizes that the movers are entitled to a reasonable schedule of coffee and lunch breaks. Unless formal credit arrangements have been made all customers are to pay the driver cash, cheque, VISA or MasterCard at jobs end.